Saturday 20 November 2010

Elemis Eau De Parfum Exotic review

The second fragrance from spa and skincare brand Elemis, loved by celebrities Sienna Miller and Emma Bunton, is Elemis Eau De Parfum Exotic.
After trying Elemis' first fragrance Eau De Parfum, after its launch in spring this year, I was eager to try the second creation from this well-known brand.
Described by Elemis as "intoxicating, sensual, mysterious and exotic" I decided to try out the perfume to see if it was indeed those things - although if i'm honest I really don't know how a perfume can be mysterious!
Upon using the product for the very first time, my initial thoughts were that of a overwhelming floral scent.
As an avid fan of Chanel No.5, which has a delicately light flower feminine fragrance, I found Elemis Exotic had a smell which was maybe a bit too powerful for my liking.
It is the type of perfume you smell on people when they walk pass you on the street and you can still smell it minutes later!
However, after an hour or so when the smell was less powerful, the fragrance - which combines ylang, ylang with sandalwood, tuberose, frankincense and jasmine - was a lot nicer and quite traditional but not old fashioned.


Noella Gabriel, Director of Treatment and Product Development at Elemis, said she was thrilled about the new perfume addition.
She said: "Following the debut Eau de Parfum I am excited to introduce a second scent that encapsulates the ‘exotic’ discovery phase within Elemis’ 20 year journey. The combination is a deep fragrance with a heady mystery and a powerful effect on your mood.”
For me as a 27-year-old woman, I personally wouldn't put Elemis Eau De Parfum Exotic in my top 10 list of favourite perfumes, but I'm sure women in their 40s and above would love the traditional, powerful smelling scent. 
I really loved the packaging and the purple pouch that comes with the perfume as it is really stylish and also means the bottle can pop into your bag neatly. 
For those who would love to try Elemis Eau De Parfum Exotic, it costs £35 for a 28 ml bottle.
It is available to buy from timetospa.co.uk, Elemis spas and salons nationwide and at Elemis counters at selected Debenhams, Harvey Nichols, John Lewis, House of Fraser and Selfridges' stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment