Tuesday 30 March 2010

Celebrities blowing me out!!

After an eventful week, I thought it was about time I filled you in with the latest "exclusive" celebrity gossip straight from the horses mouths.
Well, that would have been the case before I was blown out in FIVE days by two MAJOR celebs!!!

The MAJOR celebs were in fact the singer Lemar and Dancing with the Stars contestant, Aiden Turner (ok, well I may have exaggerated the MAJOR part!).

They may not be a-list stars but I was actually really excited about grilling them for a bit of showbiz gossip!
You can of course imagine my annoyance when just four minutes before Lemar was due to call me, his management called to say he could "no longer do the interview".

That's it.
There was no apology, no explanation whatsoever.

All this and he was earmarked for the front page of our Potters Bar edition. ARGH!
In the end I had to email his team the questions.
Yes I got a few answers back and it was the front page but obviously the story wasn't as good as it would've been if I had actually gotten to speak to him.

Right, so my next disappointment was my chat with MEGA fit former soap star Aiden Turner.
His agent phoned ME and asked me if i'd like to interview him, so of course I said yes!

So, we arranged for Aiden to call me at 3pm on Friday.
Well, in the words of Cilla Black, Surprise Surprise, the big American star didn't call me and I am still waiting for an apology and a tiny explanation as to why he left me hanging around like a weirdo!

Seriously, what the hell?!!!
I could understand being blown out by the likes of George Clooney, Brad Pitt or Samual L Jackson.
But god, Lemar and Aiden are barely c-list stars.
Surely they need ALL the publicity they can get?!

It may seem like i'm being a little harsh, but whatever happened to manners and professionalism?
I don't blame the "stars" themselves, they probably didn't know their management had arranged the interviews (like the Gok Wan incident, but i'll save that for another day!), I blame their managers.
One of their jobs is to gain publicity for their clients.

Isn't all publicity good publicity, even if it is "only" with a local newspaper?
One thing celebrities and their teams need to remember: without the media, the stars would be nothing!

That's my rant over!
Goodnight everyone,
Naiomi xxx

5 comments:

  1. Babe, my mum went up to Lemar in the street and said to him 'I know you!' he was like 'yeah you do' to which she replied 'you are the boy from the O2 shop! - she was totally convinced he had sold her her phone!

    Lorns (@lornamedia)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn celebs - they think they're big and important when they're not! Good work - outing the rude celebs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE rudeness on any level. Seriously, I couldn’t care less whether it was Gerard Butler or a street sweeper rudeness is just not on. It causes me to get aggressive which quite frankly isn’t behaviour that should be displayed either.

    RE Aiden Turner (PHWOOOORRR btw) I’d be tempted to fax his management team a blank sheet with “insert story here” and a note saying, “Clearly your phones aren’t working?”

    RUDE! Best thing is when they’ve something to hawk out they’ll be all over you like a rash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving Rachael's suggestion!

    That's really rude, and fairly stupid, of their promo teams. They seem to forget sometimes that the people that write about them and interview them are the same people that helped them become famous in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha you lot are sooooo right! xxx

    ReplyDelete