Sunday 14 March 2010

Popping My Cherry!!

My southern fiance and I!
From the title of this blog post i'm sure you'll be expecting me to talk about the first time i got down and dirty with a man and, err, lost my virginity!
Well unfortunately i'm not going to talk about that far-from-memorable-drunken-night but i am in fact referring to my first EVER blog post!!

I joined in January this year having been pushed to do so by my friend and author of a brilliant dating blog, Sarah Finley.
Over a few vinos we discussed the benefits of blog writing and how important it is to have one in this day and age, especially in the "glamorous" world of journalism.

As i am a local newspaper journalist i thought i would have a go, i mean surely it couldn't be that hard?
But actually it is harder than i first thought and now three months down the line i am only just writing a post!
I was so worried about how to start it and whether anyone would even give a crap about what i had to say for myself, that i decided to put it off.
Until now!

Ok, so as you know i'm a journalist on a local newspaper in Hertfordshire.
I crossed the border (!) and moved down south from the lovely northern city of Manchester (where i grew up) just over two years ago.
At first i didn't know a single person down here (southerners were alien-like to me) but suddenly i had made loads of new friends and even bagged myself a gorgeous (southern) fiancé in the process!

I love it down here now!
All in all, moving to pursue a career in journalism was one of the best things i have ever done.

I've wanted to become a journalist since the age of eleven.
The thought of actually being able to interview the Spice Girls and Five was the main reason why i embarked on this career (and because i'm SO nosey and LOVE talking to anyone).

On my 27th birthday, January 22 this year, my all-time dream came true...

I interviewed Scott and Abs from Five!!!!!!!!

To say it was one of the best days of my life would be an understatement!
I followed the guys (FIT guys) around the country from the age of 15 onwards and was their biggest fan (no, really) from the moment i heard their first track Slam Dunk Da Funk!
I was a proper teenybopper and waited outside to meet them for HOURS at a time!!!

Anyway, i met them at the University of Hertfordshire when they played a gig for all the students.
We talked about everything and i even got out the old photo albums of me and them together to show them!
I did a piece on them for the paper (working on a local newspaper does have its benefits at times!) and the article now takes pride of place on my mantelpiece!
It was a brilliant night and even though i have interviewed many celebrities, this was by far the highlight in my career.

So the moral of that story is "dreams can come true".

Hopefully you'll keep reading my posts and one day see my next dream come true - getting a job in London as a features writer on a real-life women's magazine.
It'll be a challenge but if you haven't got dreams then what is the point in life??!

Goodbye for now,
Love Naiomi xxx

6 comments:

  1. Love it - a great read esp for up and coming journos and what a great title - it got me reading on he he!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog Naiomi! There's a job going at Full House being advertised on Gorkana at the moment, go for it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!...Well said nay! no dreams no life! Sure the ways things are going (in spirit of polictics and the like) - "things can only get better" for you... lots of love x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucy Swindlehurst15 March 2010 at 22:35

    thats brilliant Madden. Cant wait for your next blog. You have done so well Im very proud.. god all ive done is move from preston to manchester ha ha. hope to see you soon miss beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Well done Miss B! I'm a very proud bridesmaid! :-) Keep it coming. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done naiomi really proud of you and you can make any dreams come true keep it up

    ReplyDelete